cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject RE: Thoughts on a data-driven web site
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2000 19:42:51 GMT
On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, Timm, Sean wrote:

> Donald Ball [mailto:balld@webslingerZ.com] once said:
> > implement those generators as java library methods and invoke the methods
> > using taglibs. any reason you can't do that?
>
> That's the problem I'm seeing with XSP right now...it's an all-or-nothing
> choice.  I can't use XSP *and* my own generators.  I have to choose one or
> the other.  Why not both?

That's the problem with custom generators - you can only use _one_ at a
time. taglibs let you use many on the same page. you should be able to
write a taglib that calls your generator. what's the problem with that?

> This goes back to my previous email about XSP as a filter.  What if I
> want to transform some XML I generate into XSP which can then be
> processed by the XSP engine?

i dunno. i don't think ricardo's implementation of XSP accomodates that
terribly well.

- donald