cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: sitemap draft still needs work in the matcher/chooser area
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2000 01:58:54 GMT
On Sun, 18 Jun 2000, Andrew Savory wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Jun 2000, Donald Ball wrote:
>
> > b. i think there's a place for user authentication inside cocoon,
>
> I have to say that putting authentication into cocoon seems like a REALLY
> bad idea to me (I may be being shortsighted, I'm sure you'll let me know
> ;). Whether it's FileMatcher or IPAddressMatcher or whatever, we'd be
> looking at re-implementing vast chunks of code that is already done and
> dusted in many webservers. Is authentication _really_ Cocoon's job?

Is mapping URLspace to filespace really cocoon's job? That's traditionally
the job of a web server as well. Since we're carving out URLspace in the
cocoon sitemap, doesn't it make sense to at least offer the option to have
access to the various URLs limited in the sitemap? Read over the current
sitemap working draft and see if you're still in disagreement.

- donald