cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: sitemap draft still needs work in the matcher/chooser area
Date Sat, 17 Jun 2000 23:43:44 GMT
On Sun, 18 Jun 2000, Giacomo Pati wrote:

> > 1. where should do site or directory-specific configuration of components?
> > take the AuthenticationMatcher, for instance. An obvious implementation
> > would be the FileAuthenticationMatcher. How do I know where to look for
> > the file? The only place in the current sitemap draft where I'm allowed to
> > configure matchers in in the declaration of components block - but suppose
> > I want to have different files for different directories?
>
> I thought we agreed _not_ to authenticate ourselfs! We leave it to the
> servlet engine/web server. So please don't write a
> FileAuthenticationMatcher, write a FileAuthorisationMatcher instead!

well...

a. it's just an example. substitute IPAddressMatcher instead - the problem
remains - how do I configure the matcher to work differently in different
places?

b. i think there's a place for user authentication inside cocoon,
especially if we're going to be carving out a huge chunk of URLspace (not
just .xml files) and serving it instead of using apache's URL-to-file
mapping. but if you don't want to use it, don't.

c. what do you see as the difference between a FileAuthenticationMatcher
and FileAuthorisationMatcher?

- donald