cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pete Farmer <p...@ubivis.org>
Subject Re: Offer to help on Cocoon documentation
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2000 22:56:00 GMT
On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Pete Farmer wrote:
> >
> > [deletion happens]
> > >
> > > Do we post documentation changes/patches/additions here?  I want to get
> > > involved with beefing up programmer oriented documentation / JavaDoc
> > > improvements, and (of course) do not have privileges to update CVS
> > > (or even an account).  How do we incorporate our work?
> >
> > good point. Is there a process in place? I don't know. I emailed Stefano
> > some changes directly - but felt kind of guilty about it, since he
> > obviously gets so much mail anyway.
>
> As I've been elected as "Master of the Release Keys" ( ~:) you can send
> me the diff to approve them (can you produce diffs, ie. cvs diff
> >mail_to_me)

Cool. Shall I email them to you, or skateboard down to your office to drop
them off? :) (you're in Rapperswil, no?)

> > It seems that there are a couple of goals here, which I *think* are
> > prioritized thus:
> >
> > 1) get as much documented as we can - I'm working of a earlier post where
> > Stefano said 'urgently needed are HOWTOs, FAQ, etc' - which I believe
> > still holds true, for the most part.
>
> Yes!
>

> > 2) Cocoon should build its own docs. Which means currently that we focus
> > on .html and .pdf output, using tools from within the project - eg FOP for
> > the .pdf stuff, rather than older sgml tools.
>
> Ehm, I don't know if Cocoon can build its own docs _now_?

Actually, I don't have this working yet either, but I'm studying all the
parts, and am confident I soon will! ...and that will be most bitchen.

> > 3) Stefano seems keen to get the stuff in DocBook - meaning
> > standard DocBook v4.0, which has just been released.
>
> A question to Stefano: Do we replace Stylebook with DocBook?

I'm not Stefano, but the message I've picked up from a couple different
threads was, yes, at least for Cocoon2. However, I too would like to see
this confirmed. ?

[deletia]

--
   ubi-vis, adv. [volo], where you will, be it where it may, wherever it
   may be, anywhere, everywhere: nemo sit, quin ubivis, quam ibi, ubi