cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pete Farmer <p...@ubivis.org>
Subject Re: Offer to help on Cocoon documentation
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2000 11:58:44 GMT
[deletion happens]

> Do we post documentation changes/patches/additions here?  I want to get
> involved with beefing up programmer oriented documentation / JavaDoc
> improvements, and (of course) do not have privileges to update CVS
> (or even an account).  How do we incorporate our work?

good point. Is there a process in place? I don't know. I emailed Stefano
some changes directly - but felt kind of guilty about it, since he
obviously gets so much mail anyway.

It seems that there are a couple of goals here, which I *think* are
prioritized thus:

1) get as much documented as we can - I'm working of a earlier post where
Stefano said 'urgently needed are HOWTOs, FAQ, etc' - which I believe
still holds true, for the most part.

2) Cocoon should build its own docs. Which means currently that we focus
on .html and .pdf output, using tools from within the project - eg FOP for
the .pdf stuff, rather than older sgml tools.

3) Stefano seems keen to get the stuff in DocBook - meaning
standard DocBook v4.0, which has just been released.

So, to apply the MDSOC paradigm, I'm keen to offer help in the "logic"
box. Norman Walsh has thoughtfully (and stylishly) created DocBook for us,
which takes care of the "style" box.

I will happily markup whatever plain-text anyone sends me (or leaves in a
repository), and, if you're interested, I'll do what I can to get Cocoon
and FOP humming on your system, although there are dozens of better
qualified people on this list to help you with this, if need be.

Thanks,
PEte Farmer

 --
   ubi-vis, adv. [volo], where you will, be it where it may, wherever it
   may be, anywhere, everywhere: nemo sit, quin ubivis, quam ibi, ubi