cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: XMLResourceBundle
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2000 02:19:05 GMT

> Yeah the speed is a problem and I really haven't investigated the issues
(I
> kind of am hoping that Scott's comments in the XPathAPI class about it
being
> slow is the only main problem).

If you can point me where to look, I can try and investigate in the next
couple of days.  It certainly shouldn't be all that slow.

-scott

                    Mike Engelhart

                    <mengelhart@eart        To:     cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org

                    htrip.com>              cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                                            Subject:     Re: XMLResourceBundle

                    06/21/2000 05:57

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to cocoon-dev

on 6/21/00 4:45 PM, Neeme Praks at neeme@one.lv wrote:

> excellent! truly awesome! Thanks Mike! ;-)
> Now I need to test it out in action and see how it actually performs.
> Anyone with knowledge enough to speed up the XPath processing?
>
> Neeme
Yeah the speed is a problem and I really haven't investigated the issues (I
kind of am hoping that Scott's comments in the XPathAPI class about it
being
slow is the only main problem).
Also as you'll notice the current incarnation doesn't behave like a
ResourceBundle in the sense that on it's first run through it parses an XML
file and then an XMLResourceBundle is created instead of creating a class
using newInstance() or whatever.   I'm not sure that this really should be
modeled closely to ResourceBundle's anyway as they're very different
beasts...
Let me know what comes up and whether it's useful or not.  I'm going to
continue working on it because I'd love to use it in place of Properties
files...

Mike