cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: WML Content - Help!
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2000 14:56:53 GMT

> I've tried to get the serializers from TRaX to work today but no success.

?? The TRaX serializer stuff is an abstract API... it will not work
stand-alone, without a concrete implementation.

-scott

                    Giacomo Pati

                    <pati_giacomo@        To:     cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org

                    yahoo.com>            cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                                          Subject:     Re: WML Content - Help!

                    06/19/2000

                    11:06 AM

                    Please respond

                    to cocoon-dev

--- Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:
> "N. Sean Timm" wrote:
> >
> > I said (this is getting to be a pattern :) ):
> > > appears to strip the resulting DOCTYPE, so if I'm going to change
some
> > code,
> > > it looks like it better happen in Cocoon...
> >
> > Alright, I went the cheesy way instead of figuring out how to do it
right,
> > so I can play with WML.  I modified the XMLSerializer to check which
> > contentType was passed in.  If it was "text/vnd.wap.wml", I sent the
proper
> > DOCTYPE for WML.  Other than that, I left everything else the same.
> > Obviously, this isn't how we would want to handle this, so has anyone
> > thought any about how this will be supported?  Should the DOCTYPE be
> > specified as parameters to the serializer?  Of course, it still seems
like
> > disable-output-escaping should be made to work...
>
> TRaX implements all the serializers we need and once se get that Xalan
> 2.0.0 tree we can remove our C2 serializers and use their which are much
> better and, ASAIK, implement "disable-output-escaping"... well, if not,
> I agree we must have it, but TRaX should provide these, not Cocoon.

I've tried to get the serializers from TRaX to work today but no success.
If looked into the code
and there is still a lot of work to be done (not mentioning stability,
sigh)!

> Scott, what's you status?

Giacomo

=====