cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: XMLResourceBundle
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2000 17:41:25 GMT

For Xalan/J 1.1.0?  Dunno.  I would be happy enough to move it.

-scott

                    Mike Engelhart

                    <mengelhart@eart        To:     cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org

                    htrip.com>              cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                                            Subject:     Re: XMLResourceBundle

                    06/22/2000 11:14

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to cocoon-dev

on 6/21/00 10:33 PM, Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus at Scott_Boag@lotus.com wrote:

> common with at least xalan, where the jit does a lot for all the
> loop-intensive code.
>
> Keep in mind that the expressions can be preparsed and then you can just
> use the compiled XPath object.  This makes sense in situations where you
> are going to be using the XPath over and over, and counting milliseconds.
>
> -scott
Scott, is the XPathAPI class going to merge into the Xalan distribution as
it mentions in the docs?  I'd rather just rewrite it from scratch and put
it
in my XMLResourceBundle class rather than have someone have to add that to
their classpath.

Thanks,

MIke