cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: WML Content - Help!
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2000 14:43:31 GMT

> TRaX implements all the serializers we need and once se get that Xalan
> 2.0.0 tree we can remove our C2 serializers

Please note that I don't think Assaf has implemented the TRaX interfaces in
his serializers yet.  Xalan 2.0.0 points to the Xerces serializers (the old
Xalan 1.0.0 serializers are deleted), though to change this all I should
need is the package name change.

> Scott, what's you status?

Going up in about an hour.

-scott

                    Stefano

                    Mazzocchi            To:     cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org

                    <stefano@apac        cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                    he.org>              Subject:     Re: WML Content - Help!

                    06/19/2000

                    06:17 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    cocoon-dev

"N. Sean Timm" wrote:

> I said (this is getting to be a pattern :) ):
> > appears to strip the resulting DOCTYPE, so if I'm going to change some
> code,
> > it looks like it better happen in Cocoon...
>
> Alright, I went the cheesy way instead of figuring out how to do it
right,
> so I can play with WML.  I modified the XMLSerializer to check which
> contentType was passed in.  If it was "text/vnd.wap.wml", I sent the
proper
> DOCTYPE for WML.  Other than that, I left everything else the same.
> Obviously, this isn't how we would want to handle this, so has anyone
> thought any about how this will be supported?  Should the DOCTYPE be
> specified as parameters to the serializer?  Of course, it still seems
like
> disable-output-escaping should be made to work...

TRaX implements all the serializers we need and once se get that Xalan
2.0.0 tree we can remove our C2 serializers and use their which are much
better and, ASAIK, implement "disable-output-escaping"... well, if not,
I agree we must have it, but TRaX should provide these, not Cocoon.

Scott, what's you status?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.