cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: XMLResourceBundle
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2000 03:33:21 GMT

common with at least xalan, where the jit does a lot for all the
loop-intensive code.

Keep in mind that the expressions can be preparsed and then you can just
use the compiled XPath object.  This makes sense in situations where you
are going to be using the XPath over and over, and counting milliseconds.

-scott

                    Mike Engelhart

                    <mengelhart@eart        To:     cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org

                    htrip.com>              cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                                            Subject:     Re: XMLResourceBundle

                    06/21/2000 11:17

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to cocoon-dev

on 6/21/00 9:19 PM, Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus at Scott_Boag@lotus.com wrote:

> If you can point me where to look, I can try and investigate in the next
> couple of days.  It certainly shouldn't be all that slow.
>
> -scott

Actually, I just ran it again in a loop and the first access call to my
method took 2500 ms (this is Mac that's why it's so slow) and then the
calls
in later iterations took between 1 and 79 ms!!

mike