cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: Plans for Xerces beyond 1.0.3?
Date Wed, 31 May 2000 21:13:10 GMT

We've been working with the Xerces folks on a number of problems that were
introduced with 1.0.4.  Some of these were fixed in 1.1.0, but they just
made another fix last night that would bring us to 1.1.1 of Xerces.  So,
right now, I think Xalan will probably skip 1.0.4 and 1.1.0.

-scott

                    Berin Loritsch

                    <bloritsch@infopla        To:     cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org

                    nning.com>                cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                                              Subject:     Re: Plans for Xerces beyond 1.0.3?

                    05/31/2000 04:27

                    PM

                    Please respond to

                    cocoon-dev

I vote -1 until Xalan has an official release that supports Xerces 1.0.4.
A couple of weeks ago, there was a thread in the Xalan-dev list that
basically acknowledged that the current release doesn't support Xerces
1.0.4.

rubys@us.ibm.com wrote:

> What are the plans to step up to a release of Xerces after 1.0.3?
> Apparently in Xerces 1.0.4, the Attributes.getRawName method was renamed.
> When compiling against a later Xerces, I get the following errors:

/home/rubys/xml-cocoon/build/src/org/apache/cocoon/xml/util/DocumentHandlerWrapper.java:139:

>    Method getRawName(int) not found in interface org.xml.sax.Attributes.
>
>    a.getRawName(x),

^

/home/rubys/xml-cocoon/build/src/org/apache/cocoon/xml/util/DOMBuilder.java:255:

>    Method getRawName(int) not found in interface org.xml.sax.Attributes.
>                String araw=a.getRawName(x);
>                                        ^

/home/rubys/xml-cocoon/build/src/org/apache/cocoon/filters/LogFilter.java:155:

>    Method getRawName(int) not found in interface org.xml.sax.Attributes.
>                     +",raw="+a.getRawName(i)
>                                          ^

/home/rubys/xml-cocoon/build/src/org/apache/cocoon/sitemap/LinkTranslator.java:136:

>    Method getRawName(int) not found in interface org.xml.sax.Attributes.
>
>    a2.addAttribute(a.getURI(x),a.getLocalName(x),a.getRawName(x),
>    ^

/home/rubys/xml-cocoon/build/src/org/apache/cocoon/serializers/HTMLSerializer.java:104:

>    Method getRawName(int) not found in interface org.xml.sax.Attributes.
>                String
>    name=this.ns.resolve(a.getURI(x),a.getRawName(x),null,
>                                                                    ^

/home/rubys/xml-cocoon/build/src/org/apache/cocoon/serializers/XMLSerializer.java:113:

>    Method getRawName(int) not found in interface org.xml.sax.Attributes.

this.print(this.ns.resolve(a.getURI(x),a.getRawName(x),null,
>                                                                   ^

/home/rubys/xml-cocoon/build/src/org/apache/arch/config/SAXConfigurationBuilder.java:130: