cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "David Duddleston" <da...@i2a.com>
Subject RE: What are the XSP design goals?
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2000 18:32:23 GMT
> Indeed, and one of the main reasons for starting afresh with C2
> was to do away with 'stupid hacks'. Even though (obviously) I
> want as many people as possible to be able to use C2, I'm not
> inclined to cut corners to do so.

I'm sure you will gain many more users by making Cocoon 2 a breeze to
install and use, then the users that are lost because it does not run with
Java 1.1. Plus having great Java applications will expidite the migration of
Java to more platforms. Holding back Java applications from being as good as
they can be for the sake of compatiblity can also hurt the migration process
in the long run.

-david