cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "David Duddleston" <da...@i2a.com>
Subject RE: WAR file
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2000 01:18:10 GMT

It worked good for me. Good job Giacomo!

It would be nice to automate things even a little more. We can take
advantage of ServletContext.getRealPath("cocoon.xconf") which should point
to the Web Application docBase and thus figure out the location of the
confige file without have to set it in the web.xml file.  Also should fix it
so that cocoon.xconf can be located in the WEB-INF folder without throwing
everything off (separate issue).

Also: Might want to add <load-on-start>... I added it

<web-app>
 <servlet>
  <servlet-name>Cocoon2</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet</servlet-class>
  <init-param>
   <param-name>configurations</param-name>
   <!-- CHANGE PATH BELOW -->
   <param-value>/cocoon.xconf</param-value>
   <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
  </init-param>
 </servlet>
 <servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>Cocoon2</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
 </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

Also: Should the war file be cocoon.war or cocoon2.war

-david