cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "David Duddleston" <da...@i2a.com>
Subject RE: WAR file
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2000 16:08:58 GMT

> > > Right, don't start asking for polished things before even we have an
> > > alpha release, ok? It makes it easier for everyone (anyway, help is
> > > always appreciated)
> >
> > Right... but hey I was not asking but just suggesting ideas to
> think about
> > ;-)
> >
> > And yes, I can help out and make those changes if agreed on.
> Just trying to
> > help... really!
>
> Sorry, David, that was rude and I apologize.
>
> Anyway, the code is there, if you see something you don't like and feel
> you can do it, I say, give it a go. All of us will love if more and more
> people followed your example :)

Thanks! I feel much more welcome now ;-)

I'm slowly digging through the code trying to get an idea on how it all
works, so hopefuly I will be able to contribute at some point. For now, I
could help out on real easy stuff like helping Giacomo put together a WAR
file. It would be so cool if we could get it to the point where no
configuration was needed. Just drop the cocoon.war file in the Tomcat
webapps dir, restart and there you go ;-) Of course there are several issues
that need to be solved for this to happen, but we can at least try right ;-)

-david