cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Willie Wheeler" <wwhee...@andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject javax.servlet.context.tempdir todo
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2000 19:34:45 GMT
Hi all,

	I'm brand new to open source development, so I hope I'm submitting this
proposed change correctly.  (Someone please tell me if I'm not.)  Anyway,
one of the Cocoon2 todo's is to make Cocoon use the
javax.servlet.context.tempdir instead of having to use the cocoon.xconf
file.  I've modified the CocoonServlet.java and ProgramGeneratorImpl.java
files.
	Here are the diff files:

CocoonServlet diff
------------------
60a61,63
> 	String tempDir =

((java.io.File)this.context.getAttribute("javax.servlet.context.tempdir")).g
etPath();
> 	System.setProperty("org.apache.cocoon.defaulttempdir", tempDir);

ProgramGeneratorImpl diff
-------------------------
98,99c98,99
<
<     this.repositoryName = params.getParameter("repository",
"./repository");
---
>     String tempDir =
System.getProperty("org.apache.cocoon.defaulttempdir");
>     this.repositoryName = params.getParameter("repository", tempDir);

	This allows you to use the cocoon.xconf to specify the temporary repository
if you like.  If you don't specify the repository parameter in cocoon.xconf,
the default repository for saves is the value of
javax.servlet.context.tempdir.

	Bye for now,
	Willie