cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Lewis <>
Subject RE: Thoughts on a data-driven web site
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2000 14:10:28 GMT
I think the Cocoon is XSP centric is probably based on what I said - sorry -
not what I meant. I had simply noticed a lot of additional functionality
being built as taglibs for XSP. I'm talking about stuff outside of the
Cocoon core functionality - mail, LDAP, SQL, etc.

Most of my comments were, it turns out, fundamentally a misunderstanding on
my part with regards to how flexible the XSP code generation is. Stefano's
example here is EXACTLY the kind of things I need to do - pass something
through XSLT before it gets to XSP for generation.

You guys are WAY out in front...I just needed it pointed out to me again.

Andy Lewis

"The heights of genius are only measurable by the depths of stupidity."