cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Lewis <Andy.Le...@NSMG.VERITAS.com>
Subject RE: Infozone
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2000 13:58:12 GMT
If I could ask an OOS related question here (I know it's actually the Cocoon
list, but this seemed like a good thread for it) -

What is a good way for a commercial venture to interact with OSS?

I'm involved with one that will hopefully be getting off the ground in a
couple of months, and the general strategy were are looking at is to
dedicate X development staff to existing OSS projects to help move them
forward. All of their work from those individuals will be contributed back
to the project, and then they will be the "product experts" on those
projects while implementing commercial solutions (not contributed) on top of
the OSS infrastructure. Any fatal flaws, flames, or commentaries on that
approach?

(This really is relevant since Cocoon will play a major part in the
architecture)

Thanks!

Andy Lewis

"The heights of genius are only measurable by the depths of stupidity."