cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Washeim <esa...@canuck.com>
Subject Re: using Schemas for Form validation
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2000 19:19:56 GMT
on 25/6/00 4:01 pm, Jeremy Quinn at jermq@media.demon.co.uk wrote:

<Snip>
> Are we talking generating JavaScript from a Schema ?!?

Please, please, please, DON'T do client-side validation... I know, I know,
it's fast. However, it's unreliable, especially if you don't maintain the
javascript yourself. I'm always having to replace the javascript stuff
eventually  . . .

You also can't deal adequately with check box type input (browser's behave
differently, for instance, sending name=on, which you have to validate
later, in any case) . . .

--
Mark (Poetaster) Washeim

that await translation.