cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject Re: Infozone
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2000 23:57:39 GMT
on 6/9/00 6:27 PM, burtonator at burton@relativity.yi.org wrote:

> bigger it can come under the ASF.  This is exactly what I did with
> Jetspeed.  It was GPL and I changed it. :)
I'm just wondering about that - is that legal?? Does the GPL say somewhere
that the original developer can change the license or remove the license or
essentially do whatever they want?  Then it really wouldn't be open source
would it?? I remember that's what people on slashdot were bitching about
when Apple release Darwin, the fact that there license says that at any time
they reserve the right to take back their software, etc.

anyway, just curious...

Mike