cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Timm, Sean" <ST...@mailgo.com>
Subject RE: awful list archive
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2000 19:18:31 GMT
Donald Ball [mailto:balld@webslingerZ.com] mused:
> so we'll have both web-weaving and mail-archive to rely upon. i mean,
> what's the big deal with that? you get what you pay for, right?
>
> anyway if you come up with something better, well, that'd be absolutely
> righteous.

Ah...that would be fine.  I'm just afraid of the following sequence of
events:

Start hosting on mail-archives.com.
Everyone uses that instead of webweaving.org.
Owner of webweaving.org decides there is no point in maintaining the
archives anymore and shuts it down.
A few months later, mail-archives.com shuts everything down.  No warning,
and no providing us with the complete mbox archives.  Is there another way
to get a hold of the mbox archives if that occurs?

At least if I host, I can guarantee that I'll provide the mbox archives for
someone else if I decide to stop hosting them barring severe data loss,
death, or destruction.  :)

Maybe I'm just paranoid...

- Sean T.