cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Timm, Sean" <>
Subject RE: awful list archive
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2000 19:18:31 GMT
Donald Ball [] mused:
> so we'll have both web-weaving and mail-archive to rely upon. i mean,
> what's the big deal with that? you get what you pay for, right?
> anyway if you come up with something better, well, that'd be absolutely
> righteous.

Ah...that would be fine.  I'm just afraid of the following sequence of

Start hosting on
Everyone uses that instead of
Owner of decides there is no point in maintaining the
archives anymore and shuts it down.
A few months later, shuts everything down.  No warning,
and no providing us with the complete mbox archives.  Is there another way
to get a hold of the mbox archives if that occurs?

At least if I host, I can guarantee that I'll provide the mbox archives for
someone else if I decide to stop hosting them barring severe data loss,
death, or destruction.  :)

Maybe I'm just paranoid...

- Sean T.

View raw message