cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Timm, Sean" <ST...@mailgo.com>
Subject RE: [C2] parser.jar
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2000 20:37:52 GMT
Giacomo Pati [mailto:Giacomo.Pati@pwr.ch] once wrote:
> [...]
JAXP but

> > > If I remove parser.jar I have no chance to build cocoon2. Did you
eventualy have parser.jar in
> > > your classpath? A "build" gives me the following error:

<snip>

> > I'll check later to make sure I am not going mad, but when I editied
> > build.sh so that it didn't import my classpath, I only got errors from
Jikes
> > being unable to find java/lang  -  the XML was parsed fine.  Do you have
> > copy of JAXP in your classpath - that is included in Xerces too.

> I've made a fresh checkout, moved the parser.jar out of ./lib, modified
> the build.sh to exclude parser.jar from the classpath, cleard the shells
> classpath and hit a build.sh which gives me the error mentioned above.
> So, check your env, Ross :)

I'm going to have to agree with Ross here...I have also built Cocoon2
without jaxp.jar or parser.jar.  You mentioned that you moved parser.jar out
of ./lib, but did you also get rid of jaxp.jar and/or xml.jar in your
classpath anywhere?  Also make sure that it isn't located in your
jre/lib/ext directory...

- Sean T.