cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/lib xerces_1_0_3.jar
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2000 20:54:05 GMT

Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Hi Stefano
>
> You removed xerces but didn't put in a new one. Well, which version
> of xerces is currently usable. I've downloaded the latest xerces
> version (1.1.1) and compilation looks ok. Also tried running it
> under Tomcat with no problems (hello.xml and simple-page.xsp).
>
> Should I put xerces 1.1.1 or 1.0.4 into CVS?

Long term (which hopefully is only in a matter of weeks), the right answer
is that cocoon should not have any jars checked in.  We need to make
several combinations of base code upon which cocoon can run easily to
obtain instead.  After I get back from JavaOne and have convinced a few
folks that there really is a problem that needs to be solved here (I have
already convinced Stefano), then I plan to start the discussion on how to
fix the problem on the ant-dev mailing list.

Short term, cocoon-2 should move ASAP to xerces 1.1.1 and a corresponding
release of xalan, IMHO.

- Sam Ruby