cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From burtonator <bur...@relativity.yi.org>
Subject Re: RSS example
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2000 02:04:40 GMT
"Frey, Kerry" wrote:

> While the example is helpful in understanding how to use XML and RSS, it
> seems to me that most sites keep their data in .rdf files.  Could someone
> give me a hint or example as to how I might import the contents of an .rdf
> file into an XML or XSP page?

RSS has two versions... RSS 0.90 and 0.91.  0.90 leaned really hard
towards RDF.  It is important to realize that RDF is just metadata and
they were using namespaces to separate the content.

Check out Jetspeed for a good example (http://java.apache.org/jetspeed)

--
Kevin A Burton (e-mail: burton@apache.org, UIN: 73488596, ZKey:
burtonator)