cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@localbar.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon2 and dynamic site maps
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2000 07:09:12 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> > PS: What does FS stand for?
>
> Flexibility Syndrome - stefano thinks that "there's more than one way to
> do it" is often a bad idea. i concur, but not as wholeheartedly as stefano
> does. :)

I do!  And that's why we are all programming Java.

The initial Java slogan, somewhere lost on the way - Less is More!!!

The number of permutated possible problems raises by an exponential factor
for each "way to do it". Especially if the "ways" are overlapping, and
introduces 'intermodulation' from one "way" to another.

In the long run it results in stagnant code, i.e it will become harder and
harder to extend the codebase, without implications in one "way" or the
other. Maintenance head-aches.

Niclas