cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@localbar.com>
Subject Re: playing with cocoon2
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2000 04:59:07 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> sure, absolutely, but if my objects are available through two different
> URLspaces:
>
> /cocoon/photomontage/ for cocoon-processed
> /static/photomontage/ for non-cocoon-processed
>
> writing the links to the static images in my stylesheet is going to be a
> pain in the ass.

Just struck me that existing sites are in for a URI maintenance nightmare.

Assuming I have
/static/photomontage/family/2000/overview

which currently is an HTML file, but later on it is upgraded to a Cocoon served
XML file.
What happens?

a) The whole /static/ Location in Apache has to be served by Cocoon.
b) The Sitemap must be configured for each of those files to be processed. And the
rest of the space for pass-thru.

Quite a change of data flows through Cocoon's sitemap processing.

Is there any other way to do this??

Anyone understand how Location is processed in Apache Webserver in the .htaccess
files?? Would it be possible to 'override' the httpd.conf setting for static
serving in the .htaccess file in the ../2000/ directory???

If that is possible, I believe it should be documented separately in the Cocoon
docs - "How to slowly migrate to Cocoon."

Niclas