cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@localbar.com>
Subject Re: XMLResourceBundle
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2000 04:46:08 GMT
Neeme Praks wrote:

> A disadvantage: no easy way to enforce that the translated file contains
> the same information as the original file. In the previous case you
> could simply generate a DTD or XSchema from the original and check
> against that. Then you can at least be sure that the structure is the
> same...

But you can also not add a resource without becoming incompatible with an
existing DTD version. I definite minus, IMHO.

> But it doesn't matter for Mike, the XPath expression is universal...
> just your own implementation concern.

I know.

The fact is, Mike and I have privately been discussing all kinds of ways
how to handle XMLResourceBundle for better performance et cetera.
Look out for a 'interesting' new version shortly.

Niclas