cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: playing with cocoon2
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2000 21:26:51 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> On 25 Jun 2000, Hans Ulrich Niedermann wrote:
>
> > Donald Ball <balld@webslingerZ.com> writes:
> >
> > > 2. add some sort of directive to the sitemap that says read the resource
> > > and spew the bytes out -
> > >
> > > <process uri="photomontage/*.jpg" src="photomontage/*.jpg">
> > >  <pass-through type="binary"/>
> > > </process>
> >
> > I think this is one of the cases where the Tomcat User's Guide
> > recommends using a "real" web server (see section "Setting Tomcat to
> > Cooperate with the Apache Web Server"). So perhaps you should consider
> > that option.
>
> sure, absolutely, but if my objects are available through two different
> URLspaces:
>
> /cocoon/photomontage/ for cocoon-processed
> /static/photomontage/ for non-cocoon-processed
>
> writing the links to the static images in my stylesheet is going to be a
> pain in the ass.
>
> on the other hand, this pass-through or read function suggested for the
> sitemap also sucks since then we're going to be responsible for setting
> the mime type ourselves - apache has a nice set of modules for doing that,
> it would seem to be much saner to have apache do it, right?

Stefano mentioned the request.getMimeType() method to get the default
mime-type if you don't specify one. The request object in cocoon is not
a HttpRequest so we could run in trouble when we are in
Commandline/Offline mode.

> so i ask again, why would this not be desirable:
>
> <process uri="/cocoon/(photomontage/*.jpg)">
I see that we have to discuss again how wildcards must be written. I've
thought we don't ever wrote any parenthesis. This is like mixing
wildcars and reg-exp but this is not possible because of the different
meaning of the *.

Giacomo