cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject [C2] Matcher concept
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2000 12:47:18 GMT
Hi all

While I'm considering how a sitemap class may be constructed I've
encountered the following problem concerning the java layout of a
pipeline.

As we have proposed that a matcher implements the interface

  public interface CompiledMatcher implements Component {
    public Map match(...);
  }

and also consider the following snipped from a hypothetical sitemap

<match type="user-agent" pattern="Mozilla */* *">
  <match type="uri" pattern="/my/page/*">
    <generator type="parser" src="/my/data/$1.xml/>
  </match>
</match>

Now, what is the $1 representing. The browser match or the uri match?
Should the pipeline code provide the Map to the matcher so that they
could add stuff to it? And then, must a pipeline maintainer count all
wildcards from the topmost matcher in the pipeline to get the right
replacement, so that in my example the $1 should be written as $4?

You thoughts are welcome here.

Giacomo