cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@localbar.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon2 and Dynamic Site maps
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2000 07:08:43 GMT

I am not exactly sure I understand the thoughts are this, but a dynamically
created/modified sitemap, is as powerful as a nuclear bomb with a 10 second
fuse.

However, I can imagine that certain applications would possibly want different
pipelines depending on the request that is currently not possible with the
sitemap specification, but I think I would recommend (at least for the
moment) a custom designed Sitemapper in such a case. (The Sitemapper is
pluggable, is it not?)

Stefano, I just came to think about what you said about Perl; "Common things
should be easy, complex things should be possible." Ring a bell??
Is that not what you quickly stamp as FS? Just wondering in the light of
Jorg's question...

Niclas