cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Johnson <m...@phy.duke.edu>
Subject Re: broken example with cocoon2
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2000 00:01:55 GMT

> the style.css resource for the jakarta.apache.org example page doesn't
> exist. might be worth adding. all in all, though, the cocoon2 WAR install
> is breathtakingly easy.

Do you mean you got/built a cocoon.war file?

I built cocoon2 this am and no coocon.war anywhere. Didn't matter,
though, I got it working with Tomcat 3.1.

Wonder if I missed something in the install process--your WAR
statement's not ringing any bells for me.

Here are the steps I took:

- copied the appropriate cocoon2 jars to $TOMCAT_HOME/lib
- made a $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/cocoon directory
- copied the cocoon2 WEB-INF and cocoon.xconf to the new directory
- copied cocoon2 samples to the new directory

And it worked.
It wasn't hard getting it going, but am I missing an install shortcut?

BTW, you all deserve some major kind of prize for making this thing.
It's too cool for school.

Thanks,
Mark

> screw this jserv junk, man, i'm all over some
> tomcat.

Ditto.