cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: awful list archive
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2000 18:40:16 GMT
Mike Engelhart wrote:

> on 6/22/00 10:35 AM, Matt Sergeant at matt@sergeant.org wrote:
>
> > The list archive is just awful. Its one page dating back to Nov 1999. I
> > didn't count the messages, but its a _lot_. Netscape reports over a Meg
> > download just for the message list.
> +1 on this.   I can't even use it anymore (i'm usually working from home on
> a 56K line).  Actually all the XML related archives suck.   The
> mulberry-tech XSL search actually takes longer to return a result from a
> query than it does to download a one meg archive document!!
> Can't apache.org set up htDig or glimpse or something so we can query the
> mailing lists?

well, this is nothing compared to the general piss-off between ASF
members about the status of Apache hardware and software.

Brian B. is the man around those things but he's busy with real-life
stuff... and we he tried to scale the process giving root to more
people, we got busted :(

So, just add your comments to the _HUGE_ todo list for locus and wait on
the line.... or propose an alternative suggestion for those things.

Matt, I'm very sorry for this... but this is not something I can fix
:(((( Expecially since Brian is waiting for Tigris to happen (and it's
more or less two years we are waiting for that damn thing to finish....)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.