cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ricardo Rocha <rica...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Thoughts on a data-driven web site
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2000 21:24:09 GMT
Andy Lewis wrote:
> Is there any intent to implement those two missing details? Or interest in
> including them if written?

I presume you're refering to the generic filter handler and accompanying
logicsheet that would be required for XSP to generate Cocoon filters.

My personal feeling is yes, we should implement those. I recall Stefano
mentioning that using XSP for generating filters was overkill or
something
along those lines. In principle, I don't see why we shouldn't do that...
Stefano?

Let's take into account, though, that the XSLT filter can do dynamic
content
generation by means of extension elements and functions. With this, it
may
well be the _only_ filter type.

Btw, the XSP code generation could be used to generate extension
handlers
as well. This looks very interesting...

Ricardo