cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] Sitemap revised again
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2000 10:56:26 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> --- Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > 1) resource loading model
> >
> <snip/>
> >
> > Anyway, today we follow the namespace pattern
> >
> >  <generator type="parser" src:file="c:\program files\mydocs\file.xml"/>
>                                 ^^^^??
> >
> > indicatest that the "jar" protocol should be used to get the resource.
>                        ^^^^??

Sorry, that was a typo :)

> > Now, I propose to use the java.net.URL method to do this.
>
> Can we make the URLConnections classes pluggable as CocoonComponents (to define a protocol
like
> sap://sapmachine.my.org") without restarting the JVM? If so, they should be plugged in
into
> cocoon.xconf and not in sitemap.xmap because of security reasons.

Hmmm, not sure if we can use the java API URL subsystem.... I'm afraid
we have to clone our own to be able to have multiple cocoon instances in
the same JVM and stand the classloading problems.... but I didn't get
deep enough to answer on Java2. (for java1.1 this was definately not
possible)

> > 3) Matchers and Choosers
> >
> <snip/>
> >
> > Ok, you say, but this is going to be slow! Right, so here we keep going
> >
> >  public interface CompiledChooser implements Component {
> >    public boolean evaluate(...);
> >  }
> >
> > then
> >
> >  public interface ChooserFactory {
> >    public String generateCode(String test);
> >  }
> >
> <snip/>
> >
> > the matcher interface is similar to the Chooser one but different
> >
> >  public interface Matcher implements Component {
> >    public Map match(String pattern, ...);
> >  }
> >
> > and can follow the same compilable model for Choosers
> >
> >  public interface CompiledMatcher implements Component {
> >    public Map match(...);
> >  }
> >
> > and
> >
> >  public interface MatcherFactory {
> >    public String generateCode(String pattern);
> >  }
>
> Now we have more than one Factory which generates or compiles code the next question
is "should we
> compile the hole Sitemap"? I remember this was metioned some times ago.

Not a big deal, the sitemap can be compiled into one class and each test
into other classes.... the sitemap is compiled to call these other
classes thru proxies that compile the tests when needed...

I know, kind of complex, but we need to take speed into serious
consideration...

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.