cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: WML Content - Help!
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2000 20:11:10 GMT
Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus wrote:

> > I've tried to get the serializers from TRaX to work today but no success.
>
> ?? The TRaX serializer stuff is an abstract API... it will not work
> stand-alone, without a concrete implementation.

But there is the abstract class SerializerFactory with a static method
getSerializer which can be called. It checks the serializer.properties
file for implementations of the Serializer interface. The test I've done
got the SerializerFactory accepting the serializers from
serializer.properties but the OutputFormats not?? As I have looked at
the code from SerializerFactory it was done the reversed way. The fact
is that the serializers in serializer.properties do not implement the
Serializer interface but the OutputFormat do implement the OutputFormat
interface. So I say there is still much work to be done in the TRaX
itself not mentioning implementing serializers and translators.

Giacomo