cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WML Content - Help!
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:17:26 GMT
"N. Sean Timm" wrote:

> I said (this is getting to be a pattern :) ):
> > appears to strip the resulting DOCTYPE, so if I'm going to change some
> code,
> > it looks like it better happen in Cocoon...
>
> Alright, I went the cheesy way instead of figuring out how to do it right,
> so I can play with WML.  I modified the XMLSerializer to check which
> contentType was passed in.  If it was "text/vnd.wap.wml", I sent the proper
> DOCTYPE for WML.  Other than that, I left everything else the same.
> Obviously, this isn't how we would want to handle this, so has anyone
> thought any about how this will be supported?  Should the DOCTYPE be
> specified as parameters to the serializer?  Of course, it still seems like
> disable-output-escaping should be made to work...

TRaX implements all the serializers we need and once se get that Xalan
2.0.0 tree we can remove our C2 serializers and use their which are much
better and, ASAIK, implement "disable-output-escaping"... well, if not,
I agree we must have it, but TRaX should provide these, not Cocoon.

Scott, what's you status?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.