cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Zvi <the...@ifrance.com>
Subject Re: Nice article in german "Computerwoche online"
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2000 00:16:17 GMT
Stefano,

there is such a science, called Comparative Linguistics.
There is a set of 100 hundred basic word roots, like "bread", "moon", "sun",
"mother", "father", etc.., by counting number of roots, that similar in two
languages and substituting it into some formula, you get how long time ago these
two languages separated.
Also there is "transformation" table (wow, like XSLT), so u can translate root
from one language to "pra-language" and back to other language! So for example you
can reproduce from current italian word, it's Indo-European prototype and then
translate it to modern german. It's not guaranteed that will be real modern german
word, b/c there always exceptions from the rules.
 Somebody wanna expand this theory to XML dialects? How to find formula, which
will tell me how long time ago two DTDs separated? :-))

Zvi