cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: sitemap draft still needs work in the matcher/chooser area
Date Sat, 17 Jun 2000 23:35:49 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> Welp, I had a few minutes last night to poke around cocoon2. Daunted by
> the size of the sitemap coding task ahead of us, I nonetheless decided to
> start writing some code. I decided to tackle the matcher components, since
> they're well-defined and straightforward, and Stefano and I had a huge
> disagreement about them a couple of weeks ago. What better way to enforce
> my world view than to be the implementor? No one argues with working code
> ;)

Yes, you're totally right. Let's do it.

As I've played lately with trax I will change all the serializers to use
the serializer.* package from trax. But I should start another thread
for this.

> Anyway, I just checked in the smidgen of code I wrote (Stefano, bless his
> heart, _just_ changed the name from matcher to chooser in the sitemap
> draft). However, it doesn't do much since I'm not sure how to address a
> couple of issues yet:
>
> 1. where should do site or directory-specific configuration of components?
> take the AuthenticationMatcher, for instance. An obvious implementation
> would be the FileAuthenticationMatcher. How do I know where to look for
> the file? The only place in the current sitemap draft where I'm allowed to
> configure matchers in in the declaration of components block - but suppose
> I want to have different files for different directories?

I thought we agreed _not_ to authenticate ourselfs! We leave it to the
servlet engine/web server. So please don't write a
FileAuthenticationMatcher, write a FileAuthorisationMatcher instead!

Giacomo