cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <>
Subject Re: Intalio, T-shirts, Tomcat, Resin...
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2000 22:17:36 GMT
Ted wrote:
> 1) Will Cocoon 2.X or 3 or whatever version be part of Intalio Release
> in Q4 2000?

For what I've heard.... NO!!! Intalio Inc. (formerly Exoffice) steered
away from Cocoon. Consider latest Pier involvement as a clear sign of

> 2) Stefano, did you ever use my suggested slogan in T-shirts:
> "Use Cocoon. Metamorphose."
> ???

Unfortunately, I didn't.
> If you did, I would like to know where I could get one...

Well, this project needs some more people around before we can go to
CopyLeft and make them make the T-shirts for us (like they're doing for
the ASF for the next conference).

But we'll get there, don't worry. And when we do, I'll make sure you get
the full credit for that motto :) (and a couple of free t-shirts of
> 3) A Tomcat note: We had a tough time getting URL rewriting of Tomcat to
> work other than at port 8080, so we temporarily shifted to Resin. We had
> no problems integrating Cocoon with Resin 1.1.2 (+ Apache, of course, in
> a Linux box). Tomcat and Resin magnified the WAR file effort. Kudos to
> those working on the Cocoon WAR config!

This is great news, thanks. And I foresee even smoother paths in the
future for C2

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.