cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon/Avalon Synchronizing
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2000 10:43:06 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> In my marveling of the architecture of Cocoon, I was told that it was
> based
> on Avalon--and that we would eventually want to put the Avalon jars in
> the
> /lib directory.  Upon further investigation, the two projects share some
> of
> the same code but have them in different packages.  In order to
> facilitate the
> migration to Avalon code, I propose to have someone create the directory
>
> structure for org.apache.java.lang and populate it with copies of the
> files
> in org.apache.arch (except for org.apache.arch.config).

-1, we should keep C2 intact until we all agree on how the Avalon
packages should be structured. And this must be done on the Avalon mail
list. For now, it doesn't hurt to leave them here.

> That way, I can start migrating the Cocoon base to use the official
> package
> locations.  This will facilitate easier maintainability by sharing the
> same
> codebase.  The only thing is it would be emensely more useful to include
>
> the JavaDocs for the base architectural package even though it is part
> of
> another package.

Yes, but given those interfaces cannot be considered final, it would be
a waste of time.

I suggest we work on the Avalon mail list to finalize it so that
everyone is happy, then we place the avalon.jar in ./lib, update C2 code
and release control of them to the avalon project.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.