cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Cocoon/Avalon Synchronizing
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2000 13:35:07 GMT
In my marveling of the architecture of Cocoon, I was told that it was
based
on Avalon--and that we would eventually want to put the Avalon jars in
the
/lib directory.  Upon further investigation, the two projects share some
of
the same code but have them in different packages.  In order to
facilitate the
migration to Avalon code, I propose to have someone create the directory

structure for org.apache.java.lang and populate it with copies of the
files
in org.apache.arch (except for org.apache.arch.config).

That way, I can start migrating the Cocoon base to use the official
package
locations.  This will facilitate easier maintainability by sharing the
same
codebase.  The only thing is it would be emensely more useful to include

the JavaDocs for the base architectural package even though it is part
of
another package.