cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] i18n in Cocoon and language independent semantic contexts
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2000 11:46:14 GMT
I was waiting for your comments, Mark

[...]

> Ok, I think you may be inventing where no invention is called for.

I'm having the same feeling...

[...]

> I really don't believe document editors are going to be plain text editors
> for the ordinary users, rather, something akin to form editors . . . and
> that brings me back to the combination of:
> <apinfo> to facilitate, in our case, instantiating a localized interface
> <documentation> to facilitate maintenance of the schema itself . . . by
> whomever... ( which is true of document management in both cases,
> eurofootball.com and in several probjects for saab automobile)

The XML authoring tool is the key to all this, I agree.

It's like having different translations of an API for each language...
it might render the contract so soft it could easily break or fragment.

Ok, let's forget this language-abstracted view of the semantic
contexts.... at least for now :)

> My immediate feedback . . . back to eurofootball . . . have to bring up the
> full cocoon version, damn it!
>
> As always, thanks for your thoughts.

And I thank you for balancing them with your shares of reality :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.