cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From burtonator <bur...@relativity.yi.org>
Subject Re: Infozone
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2000 20:42:56 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
<sniop>
> > I certainly don't think this applies to the Java/Server-side world.
>
> I disagree. It's nothing about java or server side. If I were only
> stefano@betaversion.org, I would be afraid of using BSD-style licenses
> because of small companies stealing my stuff. BSD works very well when
> you have a name. "Berkeley" for example... or "Apache".
<snip>

Yes.  The point in this case is that we have the ASF.  The ASF makes the
APL possible in a Java/Server-side world.  Certainly if you are not
under the ASF you should think out the situation.

The reason I think this applies to the Java/Server-side world is that if
you have a decent project, you should bring it under the ASF.  In the
future most projects will be like this.  There are certain exceptions of
course.  I would like to see Lucene and EJBoss under the ASF.

<snip>
>   public final void Worker.run();
>
> in JServ's threadpool. Why? because I didn't want people to extend it
> since all the thread handling facility was there and people could very
> easily mess up (it took me months to debug it under all possible
> circumstances).

ug... damn.  I need a ThreadPool in Jetspeed about 4 weeks ago... wanted
to reuse some other code but didn't think about looking at JServ :(   I
wrote my own under Jetspeed... btw most methods there are final too :)

I will check it out.

--
Kevin A Burton (e-mail: burton@apache.org, UIN: 73488596, ZKey:
burtonator)