cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Comments on Resource Management in C2
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2000 18:27:20 GMT
Ross Burton wrote:

> > > ADSL?  This will be interesting: how much do you pay, what is the
> bandwidth
> > > and how many users are there per "network".
> >
> > Pay? nothing :) I'm famous enough to go around asking "is there anyone
> > who wants to pay me an ADSL line?" and actually get it...
> >
> > No, serious, it's part of a deal with an italian startup I'm advising
> > for, so they are giving me for free an ADSL line. But I would cost me
> > about 80$/month for 640Kbit, static IP (I hope!).
>
> Pah!  BT are offering 512KB (I think, it's probably less though) for £80 a
> month, IIRC.  Damn - wrong country!

Well, I heard rumors you can get a "free" ADSL line if you put a banner
on top of your screen... but I think it's the most stupid idea ever:
just take you old 486 out of the closet and use it as a connection
server with no screen attached and you are done.

But, hey, italian startups are real morons sometimes :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.
 Missed us in Orlando? MX-Mozilla-Status: 0009ON Europe in London!