cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Infozone
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2000 10:23:16 GMT
Wong Kok Wai wrote:

> Why is the license for projects under java.apache.org and xml.apache.org different? The
> main difference is the following clause:
>
> 3. Every modification must be notified to the Java Apache Project
>                        and redistribution of the modified code without prior notification
>
>                        is not permitted in any form.
>
> which is missing from the license of xml.apache.org and Jakarta (I believe). Any chance
> of using the same license for all ASF projects?

This clause was introduced by myself to allow some virality of the
license (I myself, like many of you, thought GPL was the only way to
prevent others from stealing my work and make money on it).

But this is non-standard and will be removed step by step when
java.apache will be deprecated.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.