cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Cocoon Server Error
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2000 17:38:41 GMT
With the current CVS version (including the Xerces-1.1.1 jar),
I get the following exception thrown everytime I access a valid
Cocoon resource:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser:
method getSystemId()Ljava/lang/String; not found
        at
org.apache.xalan.xpath.xdom.XercesLiaison.parse(XercesLiaison.java:285)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xpath.dtm.DTMLiaison.parse(DTMLiaison.java:255)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.processStylesheet(XSLTEngineImpl.java:715)

        at
org.apache.cocoon.filters.XalanFilter.setup(XalanFilter.java:65)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.GenericProcessor.process(GenericProcessor.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapPartition.process(SitemapPartition.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Sitemap.process(Sitemap.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:130)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Is this a result of the JAXP problem discussed earlier?
I snagged the CVS version of Xerces in order to compile it.
(did you know that the CVS version of Xerces is much
smaller than the one included in Cocoon/lib?)