cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From burtonator <bur...@relativity.yi.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon2 Design WAS: [cocoon 2] removing bottenecks
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2000 03:04:45 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
<snip>
> I _totally_ agree. Jon is a programmer and Turbine is a
> programmer-centric environment and wants to remain as such. While I _do_
> understand Jon's intent, we aim go a much bigger range of action.

The only thing within Turbine that applies here are the Turbine
screens/layout/etc.  If you are a programmer they are great.  You can
use Turbine without this.  For example you get connection pooling,
Logging, etc.  These were the initial goals, to be the backend of a
website, the stuff which requires code anyway.  The Screen stuff just
confuses the situation :(

--
Kevin A Burton (e-mail: burton@apache.org, UIN: 73488596, ZKey:
burtonator)