cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon2 Design
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2000 18:35:39 GMT
Neeme Praks wrote:

> [...]

I think so, yes, but I'm not sure. Is this a standard requirement?

I know Apache is able to log those and some fancy log analyzers are able
to do "path" statistics to tell you where your users normally go (so you
can make banners targetted to them by analyzing their navigating
behavior).

Anyway, if it's included in the HTTP headers, every action gets the same
headers.

> Useful, when you would like to return the user to the page he came from,
> after completing some action that doesn't produce any output.

Right, I understand now.

Headers should be orthogonal to the HTTP action requested.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.