cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: recursive func in XSP?
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2000 15:54:30 GMT
Mike Engelhart wrote:

> on 6/5/00 3:17 AM, Giacomo Pati at Giacomo.Pati@pwr.ch wrote:
>
> > You mean in an XSP page? If you use standard xsp tags this should be not
> > problem. If you use things like
> >
> > Element e = yourMethodCall();
> > xspCurrentNode.appendChild(document.importNode(e));
> >
> > then yes, you are in trouble.
> >
> > Giacomo
> Wait a second. I though Ricardo said only the generators that get created by
> Cocoon 2 are going to use SAX but the XSP part would still use DOM??

No, the generated java class (generator) out of an XSP page will use
SAX, but the java source of the page will be generated using DOM (prior
to compilation). See the java snippet from a generated XSP page:

    this.characters("A Simple XSP Page");
    this.contentHandler.endElement("", "title", "title");
    this.characters("\n\n   ");
    this.contentHandler.startElement("", "p", "p", xspAttr);
    xspAttr.clear();
    this.characters("\n     Hi there! I'm a simple page generated by
XSP.\n   ");
    this.contentHandler.endElement("", "p", "p");

It's totally different to a producer generated from Cocoon 1.

Giacomo