cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What are the XSP design goals?
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2000 23:42:30 GMT
Paul Lamb wrote:

> > If we aim for Java 1.2 and Servlet 2.2 everything becomes incredibly
> > simple and all stupid hacks go away.
> >
> > So, what the hell, I propose we take this direction.
> >

> +1 Not sure if I have a vote, but here's mine. Since we seem to be getting
> more concerned with widespread use, we need to address the classloader
> issues now. The support issues later on will continue to get worse and
> worse.

Everyone gets to vote, this is an open community, right?

Only in the extreme cases we can't settle an general agreement (it never
happened in my experience), then only "active" developers get to vote.

But normally, you count as one, just as everybody else, including active
developers and release knights :)

> I'd love to vote and decide on a "working" sitemap ideaology, soon--by the
> end of say next week. We need to get a basic sitemap defined and start
> working on it.

No, don't put a timeframe on this, we must settle things sooner rather
than later, I agree, but putting pressure doesn't help research. And,
BTW, it will take much less to implement something correctly the first
time than have to redo-it more than once.

> I'd say we also need to make sure that everyone is in agreement on using
> DocBook instead of stylebook.

Sure. Let's place a vote.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.