cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WAR file
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2000 18:31:52 GMT
David Duddleston wrote:

> > > Right... but hey I was not asking but just suggesting ideas to
> > think about
> > > ;-)
> > >
> > > And yes, I can help out and make those changes if agreed on.
> > Just trying to
> > > help... really!
> >
> > Sorry, David, that was rude and I apologize.
> >
> > Anyway, the code is there, if you see something you don't like and feel
> > you can do it, I say, give it a go. All of us will love if more and more
> > people followed your example :)
>
> Thanks! I feel much more welcome now ;-)
>
> I'm slowly digging through the code trying to get an idea on how it all
> works, so hopefuly I will be able to contribute at some point. For now, I
> could help out on real easy stuff like helping Giacomo put together a WAR
> file. It would be so cool if we could get it to the point where no
> configuration was needed. Just drop the cocoon.war file in the Tomcat
> webapps dir, restart and there you go ;-) Of course there are several issues
> that need to be solved for this to happen, but we can at least try right ;-)

I'd seriously love to be able to do that.

I admit I'm still scared by the Cocoon installation myself, and this is
no good even if I tried to make it as simple as possible (in fact, you
can drop it in without changing the cocoon.properties on most systems).

The problem is modifying all the other stuff...

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.